Reaching your goals has a lot to do with your mindset, and having a confident mindset will take you leaps and bounds.
Here are nine things that confident people do that you can apply to your Life, Health and Fitness:
1. Do not overcomplicate. So, you want to be fit and healthy, and have the added benefit of a lean body? Or maybe, it’s the other way around for you? How are you going to get there? Start with a plan, and stick to it. It does not have to be complicated. Simple really goes a long way. It also helps to pull in some help, like consulting with a Personal Trainer for a program.
2. Focus on what you want. Keep your goal in mind. Don’t get distracted from it, and remember why you are following your plan. Like, if you are not feeling up to working out, just remember what it is that you want and what your goal is.
3. Act as if it’s already yours. Walk the walk and talk the talk. Realize what it will feel like to already have reached your goal and go with that feeling. This helps to keep a positive outlook, and to realize that your goal is within reach and very attainable.
4. Use words with intention. When you are talking about your plan, and telling your friends and family about it, be excited about it, tell it as if you are planning your next amazing vacation. This will boost your mood and intention, and probably muster up great support from those around you.
5. Listen but don’t pay much heed to others’ opinions. If what you are doing is healthy and it works for you, then keep at it. There is no harm in listening to someone’s advice, and even investigating it to see if it can work for you. They are probably sharing with you what they know, which may be valid. The best is to always consult with a professional to get the correct direction.
6. Dedicate time to what matters. Don’t feel bad to say no if it is going to take away from your plan and your goal. For example if someone thinks they are doing you a favor by ordering you a drink and you are not drinking, regretfully decline with a smile.
7. Be humble. As you progress towards your goal and start seeing results, don’t brag about it. Let the results speak for themselves and enjoy the compliments.
8. Know failure is sometimes inevitable and don’t fear it. Worrying about not reaching your goal, or how long it will take, and how much work it is will get you nowhere. Best is to get stuck in and do it. There will be weak moments, we all have them, best is to write off that bad day, and just keep going towards your goal from there.
9. Repeat all of the above! Health and Fitness is not about stopping once you have reached your goal. It is a lifestyle you cultivate and if you keep setting new goals, and following these guidelines, you are sure to stay the coarse to Look, Feel and Be Better.